An unrecoverable processor error has occurred
Chris
2004-04-08 10:56:02 UTC
Hi,

I have searched through this forum and through the
knowledge base for an answer but have not found one.

I get an An unrecoverable processor error has occurred and
then VPC crashes, this seems to happen randomly, and
often. Not the easiest way to do QA as it said in the
advert!!

I am running XP Pro
Athlon XP
512Mb RAM
VPC2004

The guest OS is windows 98 SE. I found one article but it
was related to Linux so was no use at all - please someone
have the answer :)

Cheers
Chris
Benjamin Armstrong [MSFT]
2004-04-12 22:54:34 UTC
Generally speaking - when you see an unrecoverable processor error in the
virtual machine - you have just done something that would have caused a
physical machine to crash. Do you have anything installed in the virtual
machine that might have problems running on an Athlon XP? Also - have you
installed all the latest updates for Windows 98?
--
Cheers,
Benjamin Armstrong

You assume all risk for your use.
Chris
Chris
2004-04-26 15:25:39 UTC
It just a vanilla install of Windows 98 SE with all the
updates applied. We are running the software we develop in
house to test it with 98 but it works fine on the Host PC
and also worked handsomely on Win98 installed Athlon XP
processor (ie not with VPC2004)

Am still struggling!! :( BooHoo
Generally speaking - when you see an unrecoverable
processor error in the
virtual machine - you have just done something that would
have caused a
physical machine to crash. Do you have anything
installed in the virtual
machine that might have problems running on an Athlon
XP? Also - have you
installed all the latest updates for Windows 98?
--
Cheers,
Benjamin Armstrong
======================
Virtual PC Program Manager
confers no rights.
Post by Chris
was related to Linux so was no use at all - please
someone
Post by Chris
have the answer :)
Cheers
Chris
.
Scott Baker
2004-04-27 04:29:28 UTC
But have you actually run it on a physical PC that matches the emulated
hardware in the VM, and thus uses the same drivers? Probably not if you
test on Athlon XP systems.

Scott
Post by Chris
was related to Linux so was no use at all - please
someone
Post by Chris
have the answer :)
Cheers